Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday, June 21st

A Carrot Cake For One from Le Pain Quotidien for breakfast. Very pleasing...
Lunch was at Quench, where we each started with a 'Django Juice' $8 Caribbean Rum Punch...
I had the 'Vegetarian Sandwich' $10 Olive Tapenade, Avocado, Pea Shoots, Crispy Shitake Mushroom on Ciabbata with Fries. Not as good as last time we were there, the Fries and Bread seemed reheated/stale.
The last of the Escarole and Lentil Soup for dinner. I'll be making a new pot this weekend....
Speaking of the weekend, no food plans.

5 comments:

sara said...

that's the cutest lil carrot cake ever!

Ingrid said...

Django Juice sounds like a tropical vacation in a glass.

I'm glad the soup made up for the less than stellar lunch!

I have no food plans either, but I am thinking about making it to the Vegan Van this next week.

xvavaveganx said...

Mmm carrot cake for breakfast is pretty perfect in my book. The cocktail sounds delightful! i enjoy a good rum punch every now and then. Too bad it didn't help mask the mediocrity of the lunch. In all fairness, lunch looks pretty damn tasty. Soup looks great as always!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Sara, someone is sounding very southern;-)

Ingrid, I wonder how The Vegan Van compares to The Randy Radish? Guess I'll never know.

VaVa, I'm hoping you'll at least have a Mai Tai for me in Hawaii.

GlutenFreeHappyTummy said...

nothing beats cake for breakfast! :) and that sandwich looks delish...bummer it wasn't as good as you hoped:/