Friday, December 10, 2010

Food & A Weather Report

An unexpected snow fell in the DC region today.
Lunch was at La Mezzaluna Cafe, where a bowl of fresh salad for the whole table starts each meal...
and butter-free Garlic Knots are specially made for those who don't eat dairy.My Penne Pasta with Broccoli and Marinara Sauce. There was about a head of Garlic in the sauce. No complaints here.
Dinner was Zoa's Emperor's Soy Curls and Roasted Brussel Sprouts. This was my first Soy Curl experience and thanks to Zoa, it was beautiful and painless.
Frontera Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot.

8 comments:

jess_fildespages said...

I gotta figure out where to get those garlic knots!

dirtyduck said...

love it when they give you plenty of sauce on pasta!! that looks great! your cake turned out so well Shen, whats wrong with me? sorry i didnt comment on your post yesterday, im heading over. you know, i couldnt decide what i wanted for dinner but now, after seeing your post, i think ill use some of that bulk pasta i bought. i actually try and forget that its here. its like the plague.

dirtyduck said...

and that photo of little bird feet...i dont know what to say but just know this. im currently making all sorts of oohing and awwwing noises over here. its good you dont have to hear it:)

foodfeud said...

I love that cute little bird foot photo. Can't wait for some snow around here.
And with a salad like that at the table and dairyfree garlic knots, who needs an actual meal??

Zoa said...

Your soy curls look fantastic, and thanks for the trackback :-) Aren't they great and easy to work with?

Bird footprints are always adorable. I see a lot of them here, though...

Rose said...

I love the cute bird prints!

Looks like an exceptional food day! I think pasta with red sauce, bread, and salad it my favorite thing to eat...I could eat it everyday. And the soy curls look delish too. I've got to get my hands of some of those.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies & Germ!

Thanks for your kind comments. I loved all the little birdy foot prints in the snow and all the garlic I ate.

Jenny said...

garlic knots - :)