Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekly Soup - Moroccan Root Vegetable

A co-worker made this stew for our holiday potluck
and was kind enough to photocopy the recipe for me
from the Moosewood Cookbook.

This was my first time using both Turnips and
Rutabaga.
Chopping up everything uniformly took about
an hour.
I pureed two cups to add some thickness.
I believe the 1/4 cup of currants (I used golden
raisins) is what makes this stew 'Morrocan'.
It has a very complex taste, sweet and spicy
but comforting. I wouldn't put it in heavy
rotation for ourselves, but I would make it to
impress folks on a special occasion.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Yum! I love root veggies, and moroccan-inspired dishes are awesome too.

Leigh said...

!!
what a find!

also, how happy I am to have found your blog! I have a food one of my own. While I am not a strict vegan, I totally appreciate all you've been sharing on here! Keep blogging!

:]