Sunday, January 25, 2009

L'Auberge Chez Francois, Great Falls


Lunch today was at L'Auberge Chez Francois in Great Falls.

The restaurant is Alsatian French and very
quaint and charming.
There were two kinds of bread to start...
The 'Others' (not the ones on Lost, the non-vegans)
got an amuse bouche of quiche. I got this little
fruit assortment.
For an appetizer, I was given steamed
asparagus.
Everyone got a salad, mine was sans croutons
and dressing -- but I had oil & vinegar.
The palate cleanser was grapefruit sorbet.
My entree... amongst the items was a tomato
stuffed with wild rice and what was believed to
be candied chestnuts.
Dessert was a massive portion of sorbet.
Extremely delicious. All this was $61. A
lovely lunch.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

How fancy! I wish someone would come out with a vegan French cookbook. What a challenge that would be!