Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tuesday, December 16th

Kashi Cinnamon Harvest with Hemp Milk for breakfast...
Ingrid tipped me off that Field Roast Cheese now existed, but I never thought I would see it myself. Imagine my surprise when I inspected the faux cheese shelves at Whole Foods this weekend...
Creamy Original was chosen to play it safe. Maybe it has been a long time since I've had the real thing, but this was the closest to it I've had since going vegan. I foresee a vegan obesity epidemic...
WF's Breaded Tofu with Roasted Brussels Sprouts for dinner...
One of Sarah's Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies for dessert. Excellent!
Bye for now.

6 comments:

foodfeud said...

I've looked for that Chao cheese and haven't seen it! You do have some great things down there that we don't in NY. I would have loaded way more of that stuff on the bread.

Sarah said...

I don't remember ever hearing about that cheese, very exciting news! I am definitely going to see if I can find some in my Whole Foods. I'm definitely intrigued. I'm also still jealous of the breaded tofu and yay for the cookies! There is no way those can still be fresh! If they are you are a magician!

Ill email you tomorrow about the restaurant situation :)

Ingrid said...

Ha ha!I just read Abby of A Soy Bean's blog post about Chao, and she has a thorough review - now, I don't know what to do! I love the Daiya slices in my grilled cheese!! Oh, the agony!

All of my Sarah cookies have been ingested. :)

Abby Bean said...

I knew it! I have to try the creamy original. foodfeud, they have it at Tribeca WF and the new one in BK!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!!

FF, you're all talk! Faux meats and cheeses aint your bag. Admit it already!

Sarah, last nights Cookie was super moist and fresh tasting. Your taking the time to wrap them individually in plastic wrap really worked.

ingrid, I think the Creamy Original is waaaaay better than Daiya of any flavor.

Abby, at least you can say you took one for the team trying the Other Two flavors.

GlutenFreeHappyTummy said...

WOW what a delicious day! so many delectable meals, but I've gotta say...the thing that made my mouth water most was that PICKLE! haha....needless to say, my favorite drink when I go out is a "pickle back shot" lol :D