Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday, November 22nd

Started the day off right with an Organic Honey Crisp Apple...
Lunch was at La Sandia, where I started with a 'Margarita De La Casa' $8. It was harrable! Like just salt water, not even any margarita mix. I drank it all anyway...
ate a lot of Chips and Salsa...
lots of Guac...
and split the 'Grilled Market Vegetable Fajitas' $13.95 with my mother...
As usual, I was dying of thirst by the time I got home. Drank this Sambazon to try to feel better...
it was rich and creamy, but I was still extraordinarily thirsty and went on to drink about a gallon of water...
Field Roast Frankfurters with TJ's Veggie Chili and Oven Fries for dinner restored my equilibrium...
Dipping my toe back in the restaurant water again tomorrow. Hopefully, it wont be so salty.

6 comments:

Ingrid said...

I like how you had a North American Food Day: although I guess you didn't have anything particularly Canadian. In that case, allow me to amend my statement: well done with Mexico and U.S. I noticed there was no dairy on that fajita plate. Does this mean that Mother is slowly joining the plant based community?

foodfeud said...

The Sambazon looks really refreshing. Lunch looks good but yes a little salty. What is the red stuff all over the veggies for the fajita?
A bad margarita is a terrible thing. my condolences.

Unknown said...

I don't even understand how they could screw up a margarita.....! That sucks. What a great looking lunch though- glad mom is open to having a veg meal with you. Weird that it was such a salty meal- maybe the cook in the back has some wonky tastebuds.
I've tried the greens sambazon flavor, but not that chocolate one yet, looks nice and thick.
Glad the beans and franks set you right-hopefully you can find a well made beverage on saturday to make up for today's loser.
Ttrockwood
Ps
Although Dunwell donuts doesn't ship babycakes does.....no french cruellers though.
http://www.babycakesnyc.com/menu.html#delivery

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the margarita, but your lunch certainly looks like it made up for it. Those fajitas especially.

Sarah said...

That is a terrible thing that they messed up the margarita!! For shame! You are a champ for drinking it anyway :) Lunch looks absolutely perfect. The chips and dips is definitely something I'd love to be eating right now to be honest. The fajita dish looks delicious as well. That must have been a sodium bomb to make you so thirsty! Glad you were finally able to quench it :)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Ingrid, my mother says she doesn't eat meat, yet when I point out that she pretty much eats it every day, she gets very irritated. So, unfortunately, 'no'.

FF, heck if I know what was on the Veggies. Some spicy Mexican stuff? Thanks for the sympathies on my cocktail.

Unknown, I was thinking that this margarita debacle would never happen 'up there'. Thanks for the link to the BabyCakes website. I need to order from Gone Pie as well.

RVs, IMO, lunch didn't make up for it.

Sarah, a 'sodium bomb' is right.