Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Comfort Food

I wanted a smoothie today, so I attempted to make one myself with two frozen Bananas, Raw Carob, a splash of Soy Creamer, a tablespoon of Peanut Butter and some ice.
There wasn't really that much smoothie after blending it all up. Tasted like a rich Chocolate Milkshake. Probably better for me than whatever they put in smoothies at a restaurant.

For dinner I opted to experiment with another packet of Road's End Organic Gravy Mix.I mixed a packet with a sauteed Onion and re-hydrated Shitake Mushrooms.Spooned the gravy over some Noodles.Mixed in a package of TJ's Beefless Strips and chinese Beef shreds.Tossed in a half a cup of Peas at the end.
I found it very delicious, but Mr. SV wouldn't touch it because he's afraid of catching my cold. Oh well.

3 comments:

nora said...

ah your smoothie looks so delicious!! no wonder it was so thick though--so little liquid!

Rose said...

The smoothie sounds wonderful, even if it didn't turn out exactly as planned. The dinner looks delish too.
You've just reminded me how hungry I am right now!!

Vegan Epicurean said...

Your dinner looks like total comfort food. I love mushrooms, and who doesn't love noodles. Yum!

Alicia