Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday, February 9th

Brunch was at South Street Under, where I started with a Cup Of Vegetable Soup $4.95. You can't tell from the picture but it was genuinely full of Vegetables and the accompanying bread was fresh and soft.
My Veg Sandwich $5.95 Curried Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber on Ciabatta. Nice place, but they need more vegan options.
Boca Chickn Patties with Mac & Cheese from Dawson's Market for dinner.
Coconut Bliss Cherry Amaretto for dessert. Not because I recommend it, just cuz I don't waste food.
More lunch out tomorrow.

5 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

Whoa, your brunch looks incredible. I'm such a sucker for a really great veggie soup and fresh crusty bread. The veggie sandwich looks really great and full of tons of fresh veggies. They may not have a lot of vegan options but the ones they have look great. Oh man, that mac and cheese! Yum!!

Anonymous said...

Great looking brunch, especially that sandwich. Curried hummus is pretty creative. I would have never thought of that!

You really have a lot of restaurant choices there.

foodfeud said...

Yeek how are you eating ice cream in this deep freeze??
The soup and bread look great though; that's pretty much everything I've been subsisting on lately.

Ingrid said...

At least South Street Under appears to have good bread - both for soups and sandwiches.

So whose is better: Everlasting Cafe mac & cheese, or Dawson's Market?

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!

VaVa, you are such a 'glass half full' type gal. Thanks for that.

Molly, we do have a lot of restaurant choices around here. Very few are good though.

FF, we were completely spared the wrath of Nemo. Hence the Ice Cream.

Ingrid, excellent question re the Mac & Cheese. I think I cast my ballot for Dawson's Market. Unfortunately, I don't think much can be done with that information.