Monday, May 25, 2009

Mr. Noodle & Rice, Winchester

Today's lunch at Mr. Noodle & Rice was aesthetically and tastefully delightful.We started with some Veggie Sushi, but I'm not sure of what else was in it besides the Cucumber. It was delicious whatever it was.
The entrees come with Miso Soup, but I was too hot for soup today. Mr. SV ate mine.
5.26.2009 - Miso Soup is very often non-vegan. The ingrediants can contain dried fish flakes. I thought Miso Soup was just Miso Paste, Tofu and Scallions, but go figure. Please ensure that whenever you order any item in a restaurant, verify the item is vegan! Do not rely on my posts.
I ordered the special for $7.95: Tofu Teriyaki with mixed steamed vegetables. Superb.
I also hit the mother lode at Big Lots today. Each of the items above was only two dollars, and the items below were even less.
I'm always on the lookout for non-petroleum lip balm. $1.50 for a two-pack of balm was more than fair, so I stocked up. You never know when you'll want to bake cupcakes for a NASCAR fan, but just in case, I am ready! Dinner was Sweet Potato Falafel from 101 Cookbooks. I subbed parsley for the cilantro because Mr. SV hates cilantro.

It was good, but I doubt I'll make it again.Finally, here's one of the many little toads we have around our pond today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Miso soup is made with dashi which is a stock that contains bonito (fish flakes) and sardines so unless you are eating in a strictly vegetarian Japanese restaurant, the miso will not be considered vegan. The pita bread at CPK is not vegan either (check thier website). It is very misleading to call your blog vegan because some vegans might rely on your reviews without checking thier facts. Please consider renaming it. Vegan is generally considered to mean someone who eats no animal products whatsoever and this includes fish, eggs and dairy.

Vegan In The VI said...

Thanks for the heads up. I will try to do better in the future.