Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cooking For The Upcoming Week

It was a scorcher outside today, so I stayed cool inside and prepared dinner for next week.
The Burritos were made by mixing a can of TJ's Black Beans, TJ's Refried Black Beans and a box of Mori-Nu Extra Firm Tofu together and wrapping the mixture in TJ's Whole Wheat Tortillas.
Using up all the Tortilla's in the bag makes eight medium-sized Burritos.
Then I used the rice that came with yesterday's Chinese Food to make Martha Stewart's Easiest Indian Stew:
The recipe calls for two cans of Garbanzos, but I use only one. It also calls for three cups of 'Best Quality' Tomato Sauce, but I used two cups of Hunt's and it does the job just fine.
I pre-mix the Rice with the Sauce and when it's time to servce, I slice up a Tofurkey Italian Sausage into mine.
Next I made the Pierce Street Vegetarian Chili from 101 Cookbooks:
That's a defrosting Chipotle Chili in the little dish in front. I used water instead of stock and left out the Serrano Chili.
I haven't tried any of this food yet, but it will be nice to have dinner already made when getting home from work next week.

No comments: