Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday, May 9th

The Andy's TLT was fantastic this morning...
Sarah's beautiful Wonton Soup from Loving Hut in Orlando compelled me to get the same from my local Loving Hut. As it happens, each Loving Hut is owned individually and I didn't realize what the Wontons were in my bowl this evening so they arent seen here, but it was super delicious...
An Out Of The Bubble Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookie for dessert...
Mr. SVegetarian was mowing the lawn this afternoon and spotted some humongous Morels next to the garage...
this was craziness. We had assumed the season had passed...
there were even more, but these were the biggest. Incredible to stumble upon these when completely unexpected...
More TFK tomorrow. Bye for now.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great picture of the sandwich! It really looks like a masterful layering technique is used. That's wonton soup...?? Huh. I thought it was just broth and wontons usually but that bowl does look great and chock full of goodies.
Those are crazy morels! I didn't realize they could even get that big! I wonder if they're worth eating...?? Or maybe they're too big and kinda tough... ?

I either have allergies for the first time in my life or a bit of a cold, not happy about it and trying to make myself chill this weekend to chase it off. Making and drinking lots of green juice.
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

Looks like another amazing food day. The TLT looks nice and huuuuuge! I love and adore wonton soup. I've never had it with noodles, yum!

Sarah said...

I love everything in this post! That sandwich looks incredible!! Were there actually any wontons in that soup? It may not have been what you were expecting but it still looks pretty incredible.

Sarah said...

Ugh stupid phone. The cookie looks like perfection and holy huge morels!!!! Those things are massive, what a find!

foodfeud said...

Massive morels! I was wondering the same as unknown; if they're not as good when they're so big.
I too am in desperate need of soup, the spicier the better.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!!

Unknown, the Soup was atypical but tasty. I dont know if the Morels will be good (or even non-poisoness). I will let Mr. SV take the first bite. The pollen is crazy, but I think i prefer an allergy to a cold, so I hope that is all you have. You never said what you got your Mom.

VP, I have never had Wonton Soup with Noodles either. I just assumed they gave me the wrong Soup, but after further inspection of the menu, it was actually Wonton Soup with Noodles, Bok Choy and Jalapenos.

Sarah, there were Wontons in the Soup, but they werent like yours, so I didnt recognize them. Next week i will get the Soup again and show these local Loving Hut Wontons on the blog.

FF, desperately seeking Soup. I hope you find it. Guess the Soup Nazi is no more. Maybe try Chinatown?