Saturday, May 2, 2015

Saturday, May 2nd

'Buffalo Wings' at Native Foods to start the day...really good, but next time: Sauce on side. The sauce was super spicy...
I ordered the seasonal special 'Avocado Crunch Wrap' Coconut Battered Crispy Avocados, Mango Slaw, Jalapeno-Cilantro Dressing wrapped in a Whole Wheat Tortilla with Fries. This was tasty. If Native Foods was more convenient, I would definitely order this often...
Mr. SVegetarian got the 'Soul Bowl' with Fries. As you can see the portions are massive...
Mr. SVegetarian's leftover Cornbread was hoovered up by the chickens...
what was amusing was this girl's fascination with the camera...
she became more interested in the camera clicking than the Cornbread...
more eyeballin me while I tried to capture the Cornbread eating...
then I noticed this other girl sucking up a Dandelion like a strand of Spaghetti...just laying there sucking up a Dandelion...
but you-know-who got in my face and said 'look at me not her!'...
After all these years of Chicken ownership, I have never seen one eat a Dandelion...
Dandelion completely consumed from bottom to top.
"Whatchoo lookin at?!" Okay, I am leaving.
Back in the barn, Buttercup agreed to pose for me as well...
Since lunch was so filling, just had the 'Chocolate Strawberry Parfait' for dinner/dessert. Layered Ripe Organic Strawberries, Almond Crema and Chocolate Cupcake Crumbs. Very light and pretty much perfect. Native Foods does a lot of stuff right. Gotta support them, but tomorrow, we're going back to TFK...
Finally, here is Molly not feeling good at all tonight. She has been throwing up all day. Send her good wishes please...
TFK tomorrow. Bye for now.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Too spicy?? That some have been some serious spice! That looks like a great wrap, and certainly a good sized portion- were the fries good too?
Your chickens are too funny!! Really hysterical how alert and interested that one was in your camera- and dandelion snacker is so gorgous.... I hope Molly is better soon, the poor thing. And having a sick baby is really worrisome!

Those omnis do like veggie burgers more than they like to admit. I made and brought a quick romesco sauce for the grilled veggies that worked out great. Just about ten degrees too cold out though...
Ttrockwood

Unknown said...

What is in the "buffalo wings"?

Hillary said...

Wow, I need to find a Native Foods! Everything looked so amazing! I love all the animal pictures! Your chickens are so adorable! I am hoping for a speedy recovery for Molly!

Ingrid said...

Sending lots of wellness and love to Molly! Poor pup.

Native Foods certainly does do it big! Everything looks absolutely delicious. The Avo wrap sounds particularly amazing! Wow!

Hilarious chickens! Especially the curious diva! Sometimes, we have to branch out and try new greens...and I'm glad she likes dandelions, because I don't! Ha ha!

foodfeud said...

Can you actually get the sauce on the side for those Buffalo Wings? It sounds like something they'd be cooked in.
I have always been curious about battered & fried avocado! It sounds incredible.
Fantastic shots of that diva chicken. What a funny lady. Best wishes to molly. I'm used to Haxan barfing up hairballs but even that is a little unsettling.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Unknown, apparently, real Buffalo Wings are really spicy. The Fries were very good. Native Foods is really trying. Glad your BBQ went well. I would love Grilled Veggies with a Romesco Sauce.

Other Unknown, the 'Wings' are battered and fried Tofu sticks doused in way too spicy Sauce. No actual wings were involved so not to worry.

VP, you will find tons of fabulous vegan food when you move back to Seattle. A million times better than Native Foods.

Ingrid, thanks! Everyones well wishes reached Molly and she is back to her normal crazy self.

FF, the battered and fried Tofu Sticks are doused in the too Spicy Buffalo Sauce. Wonder what you will think iof their grub when Native Foods opens in NYC.

Unknown said...

Oh, I knew you didn't have actual wings in there! I'm just always curious about what people use. :)