Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday, May 25th

We went south yesterday, so today we went north. Specifically, to Desert Rose Cafe in Williamsport, Md.  My 'Hummus & Veggie' on Rye $6.29 Hummus, Spinach, Onion (supposedly, didn't notice any), Cucumber, Banana Peppers and Avocado was worth the trip. It was all that and a bag of Chips...

The outside of the restaurant is just as charming as the website depicts. The inside is not as charming as the outside, but the friendly employees make up for it...

Yes, I know, it's not Chili weather, but, circumstances dictated that dinner was A Bowl Of Good Cincinnati Chili...
Nothing unusual in the ingredients to indicate that it would be super spicy, but it was. Additionally, I'd venture to say this Chili is better than Black Bear Bistro's Vegan Chili....
LPQ Carrot Cake for dessert...
East or west tomorrow? Tune in to find out. Bye for now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a delicious day!! That sandwich looks like a wonderful combo of ingredients- and those classic Utz are a perfect memorial day weekend food. Somehow potato chips are a "summer food" in my head.....and that looks like a proper delicious dill pickle spear along side.

They should warn you about spicy chili! Exciting you found one to compete with the current favorite. And LPQ really does make the most adorable individual desserts.

So far this weekend has sucked for me! I have a freelance project due Tues morning so I've been chained to my desk drinking too much coffee....but when everyone is back to work tues i'll be sleeping in and goofing off :)
Ttrockwood

foodfeud said...

Very cute little exterior of the cafe. It's been a while since I've had just a simple, good veggie sandwich but that one looks perfect. Nice amount of hummus and all.
I only peek into LPQ's windows these days; I guess I'm afraid of going in and being let down by the missing matcha muffins.
Go west!

Sarah said...

Great looking meals again! The sandwich looks really great and I agree that they put a nice amount of hummus on it. THe restaurant really does look cute from the outside.

Sounds like that chili was really great if it's being compared to Black Bear Bistro chili. The carrot cake looks like a great way to round out the day.

Haha yes I will eventually post again. Just a lot going on here!

Ingrid said...

Well, I believe the two thirds of the weekend I have just read are pretty fantastic! Different food, different destinations! Instead of east or west, I hope you go south or north, seeing as you have already gone east to MD...

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Unknown, wow, I feel really bad for you missing out on this great biking weather. Hope you took a few Maru Cat breaks to alleviate the stress.

FF, the demise of the Matcha Muffins is a downer. I hope your local LPQ notices you passing on by.

Sarah, still resting on those Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffle laurels. I get it.

Ingrid, alas, we went east today, but stopped before hitting Maryland.