Monday, July 27, 2009

Vegan Dad's Veggie Lunch Meat

I have been wanting to try this recipe since it was first posted.



The primordial ooze of White Beans, Water, Oil, Herbs, Spices and Soy Sauce...

After blending....
...and kneading with the Vital Wheat Gluten...
...and steaming for an hour...
After an hour of baking, the seitan had hulked out. This must be why Vegan Dad says to use 'heavy duty' foil. It is delicious! I'm so excited to have this in the house ready whenever I want a sandwich.

3 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, nice! I'll have to try this out!

nortagemdar said...

Yeah! I tried that recipe for the first time a couple of months ago because I was sick of buying store-made stuff that has, like, two slices and tons of packaging. Delicious! I use a cheese slicer to get thin slices of it and it works really well.

(long time reader, first time commenter)

Vegan Epicurean said...

I tried vegan dad's veggie lunchmeat about six months ago and we liked it too. I was surprised how easy it was to make. We haven't bought the Tofurky lunchmeat since. If you have a pressure cooker I make my veggie lunchmeat in that now and the texture is a little more like tender meat.