Saturday, July 4, 2009

La Mezzaluna Cafe, Charles Town WV

This non-descript sign in a little strip mall belies a delicious restaurant inside. Whoda thunk it?!
Upon arriving, I told the waitress I didn't eat cheese or meat and she was on it! The best service I've had since becoming vegan. I don't even know her name.
The restaurant serves salad and bread before the meal Olive Garden style. The waitress made sure our salad was served without their house dressing.
She also had the bread baked especially for me because that too is usually made with parmesan cheese.

The knots were soft and hot. Perfect for wiping up sauce.My Penne De Contadina was made with tons of fresh garlic and broccoli. A massive portion for $5.95, I had to take half of it home! This place is a find! There may not be much for vegans to eat here, but what there is is very worthwhile.

No comments: