Friday, March 19, 2010

Whole Foods & Gardein Enrich My Life

While driving into work today, dreaming of lunch, it suddenly dawned on me that I should stock up on the vegan paninis! Doy! Took me long enough to come up with that idea. So now I have lunch for the weekend too! (I will reuse the plastic baggies. Not eco-friendly of Whole Foods to sell them to me individually wrapped that way).
Dinner was Gardein Chick'n Scallopini along with...
... this bag of Chard. I paid $2.99 for it because it's too much trouble to cut up a bunch of Chard into small pieces.
Served both of the above with Whole Food's Tabouleh. A really light and healthy warm weather meal.
Lots of Frontera Shiraz was enjoyed as well.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Great idea to stock up on the panini since you like them so much.

Your dinner looks really good!

dirtyduck said...

i like your idea, get enough for the weekend why not? (i just might do the same thing!)i freak out on saturdays because i know that eds deli is closed on sundays! chicken thingys look good, what did they end up tasting like?

chard, i just tried it, i like it also. sometimes i wonder why its not more popular, did you steam it?

Vegan In The VI said...

Thanks, Rose!

Michelle, I sauteed the chard in olive oil and minced garlic and then added a cup of water, covered the pot and let it steam five minutes. Worked out great!