Saturday, March 6, 2010

How To Sum Up A Day Of Eating?

Lunch was at Hunters Head Tavern. I was lured there by the online menu which offered two items I'd never seen before: Lentil & Nut Loaf w/Vegetarian Gravy and a Mushroom Ragout on Polenta. I was excited, plus we always love their complimentary bread which is served on a pewter plate:
Alas, neither the Loaf nor the Polenta were on the actual restaurant menu, so we made do with the usual Boca Burger and Fries for $14.
We were seated next to Sandy Lerner and, after a while, started chit-chatting with her. She was very friendly and open to offering vegan items on the menu, saying she would tell the chef to bring back the Mushroom Ragout on Polenta as a regular item. I hope that happens, but if not, we'll still go back for the bread, libations and ambience. Dinner was Mr. SV's Lentil Soup...
Then we had some Temptations Frozen Dessert, which was really creamy tasting. Expensive but worth it.
See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

~M~ said...

i will have to try the Tempt brand!!!

dirtyduck said...

founder of urban decay sandy lerner? did you talk to her about her makeup?lol good thing it wasnt me that met her:) thats really cool:) and the food you saw on the online menu sounds sooooo good, but as always a boca is nice for a restaurant to have. and soup is always good, is it cold there? it started out really nice here and then...soup weather by nightfall:(


my vocabulary stinks....i need to come up with something other than, "that sound good" lol i was telling that to Alicia the other day. well ill talk to ya later Shenendoah!

Rose said...

That's neat you met Sandra Lerner...too bad they didn't have those recipe items on offer...maybe next time :)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hi Ladies!

M, the Tempt was quite impressive.

Michelle, I didn't know about the 'Urban Decay' thing till I pulled up her Wikipedia page to link to for the blog. It's always 'cool' to meet accomplished women. I was once in an elevator with Ingrid Newkirk, but was too intimidated to speak.

Rose, I agree. I may look for a Mushroom Ragout recipe and try to make it myself.

kimberly said...

mmmmmmmmmmm the coffee biscotti looks soooooo delicious! i wonder if i can find that around here.

dirtyduck said...

oh i didnt know either till i clicked on her name,:) but the makeup is beautiful:) and animal friendly