Thursday, March 18, 2010

Panini and Pasta

I had the Seitan Panini from Whole Foods today. Yay! Doesn't it look beautiful in the proper light? Every bite was sheer bliss.
Mr. SV made his Spaghetti (with Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs) for dinner...
Then I had one of these Irene's Apricot Tarts that I picked up at Whole Foods.
More of a breakfast food, they aren't that sweet, but really good, like a scone.
Not the most exciting food day, but at least I had my most favorite thing for lunch and my husband made dinner, so that's a win win for me. See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

~M~ said...

Yay for your lunch!

dirtyduck said...

yea that picture was the best of all the panini shots, it truly shows the glory of this famous panini.

is the weather good for you over there? i have been hearing its getting warmer. my dad is on the eastcoast for a bit and so ive been getting weather reprts.

Stacy said...

Okay, you have tortured me sufficiently with those panini to where I must ask what is in them. There is no Whole Foods nearby, and I'd like to try to make this at home! What is the seitan like? It also looks like there is spinach, vegan cheese....what else? Thanks!

Rose said...

Those apricot bars look yummy. I think I would like that they're not too sweet.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!

Yes, Michelle, I was complaining yesterday that it was too warm!

Stacy, I don't believe their Panini can be recreated in the home, but since you've never had one, you wont know! So here's what is in it -- the 'beef' seitan, baby spinach, shredded vegan cheese (looks to be both cheddar & mozz), caramelized onions and roasted red peppers. The quality of the bread is super important and ties the whole thing together -- chewy seitan, crunchy bread, creamy cheese, sweet onions and peppers. OH BABY!!!!! If you make it, please let me know!

Stacy said...

Thanks, I will!