Sunday, March 7, 2010

Heinz57 - I Am A Fan

I've been craving a Bagel & Cream Cheese, so I thought these Bagel Thins might help satisfy that craving without eating a massive Bagel...
I should've known better. Eating things with no nutritional value rarely satisfies me. I'll have to track down some whole grain Bagels if I want to really do it right.
Lunch was the rest of the Chic-A-Roos. Hard to believe they're made by the same company that makes Ezekiel English Muffins.
The Heinz57 on top was good but I won't be buying these 'nuggets' again.
Dinner was something I hadn't had in almost 48 hours: one of Alicia's Cutlets w/Heinz57 and Baked Potatoes with Sour Supreme and Bac'Uns.
Back to the grindstone tomorrow. Will Whole Foods have the vegan Panini available for lunch? We shall see....

8 comments:

dirtyduck said...

can you sometimes show the texture of some of the stuff you eat/buy? like those chicken-not-nuggets? id kinda like to see.

im more of a bullseye bbq fan myself:)everything looks delish (im widening my vocab here...bare with me)

dirtyduck said...

oh and good to know that those bagels are vegan, are any of the hamburger bun kind vegan? i think so, i like the idea because i dont like wasting half the bread. i prefer to triple up all the veggies and stuff inside:)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hi Michelle! The texture of these Chic-A-Roos were kinda mushy. I will try to show more innards;-) I think I've seen Bullseye, I'll keep an eye out. I usually buy TJ's hamburger buns, don't you have a Trader Joe's near you?

Anonymous said...

Hey Shenandoah Vegan,
I love your blog, everything you eat always looks so good! I just wanted to let you know about some bagels I really like, they're in the freezer section and the brand is New York Bagels. I eat the natural wheat kind and it's so good, I never feel gross after eating them because compared to your average all white bagels, they're kinda healthy!

Vegan In The VI said...

Thanks for the rec and kind words, Kate! I will look for the New York Bagels next time I'm at the grocery store:-)

kimberly said...

i've never heard of bagel thins! are they just like bagels but smaller?

dirtyduck said...

"I will try to show more innards;-)"

oh gross Shen, blegh hahha
and no we dont have a trader joes, seriously.

Vegan In The VI said...

Kimberly, yeah they're supposedly like bagels, but thinner, but I wouldn't recommend them because they're actually are nothing like a bagel and are basically really unsatisfying.

Michele, sorry to hear you have no TJ's. I hope one opens up near you soon.