Friday, March 12, 2010

Pasta and Polenta

Lunch was at Panache. The Bread was very good, the restaurant's signature white sauce was obviously not vegan.
I had one of the Weekly Lunch Specials -- Le Farfelle -- A fancy name for BowTie Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Basil, $13.50. Pretty darn tasty.
Ever since I was unable to order Mushroom Ragout on Polenta for lunch last weekend, I've been obsessed with having it. I made my own tonight using a Nigella Lawson Recipe (subbing Chanterelles for the Porcinis). Roasted Brussel Sprouts on the side.
It was just so so. I guess a restaurant would make it better with lots of fat & salt.
TJ's After Dinner Mints for Dessert (apologies to all readers who do not have a TJ's within driving distance).

4 comments:

dirtyduck said...

apology accepted grudgingly

is polenta pretty easy to make? the tubes of pre-made polenta used top be my fav.

Jill said...

The Mushroom Ragout on Polenta sounds great! You should try it again and share the recipe. We don't have that brand of mint thins in Canada but President's Choice has a holiday version they sell in November and December that's vegan and amazing!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello Ladies From Around The Globe!

Michelle, the polenta was so easy to make. Just boil water, pour in the polenta and stir for a few minutes. Tastes better w/earth balance and soy creamer mixed in.

Jill, I've heard of President's Choice products. I doubt I'll ever get to Canada, but if I did, I'd pick some up. Thanks for dropping by on your travels.

~M~ said...

I've never had polenta. I need to try it!