Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Semi-Asian Themed Day

Lunch was Tempeh on Soba Noodles. The Soba Noodles were tossed in this Peanut Sauce (subbing Agave for honey).
Tofu & Bok Choy for dinner.
A Whole Food's Ginger Snap for dessert.
In response to yesterday's queries re the Saag Tofu: I used Soy Delicious Coconut Yogurt in lieu of regular. I also used less than half of the recommended one cup of yogurt due to my inadvertently switching the amounts of Cumin & Curry Powder. This mistake resulted in my discarding most of the Cumin-tainted yogurt. Black Swan Shiraz.

6 comments:

Rose said...

Whoa, I thought I was on Zoa's blog for a minute when I saw that noodle bowl (she is the queen of noodle bowls afterall), but this gives her a run for the money: looks really delicious!

I'm liking the tofu/bok choy dinners too. Very simple, yet elegant, and I'm sure tasty.

Carissa said...

Ive been thinking about bok choy lately!

Amanda J said...

I love a good peanut sauce.

Just Us said...

That Soba Noodle dish looks awesome. I've been wanting to make a dish with peanut sauce...looks like that might be on my menu very soon!

dirtyduck said...

lol cumoin tainted yogurt? why not jsut say "curdled soy leprosy"
im all grossed out now

hey that soba was so pretty! it was in perfect swirls! i would have bet that was bought at a fancy place:)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!!!!

Rose, thank you so much! Zoa and your blogs are what I aspire to.

Carissa, are you thinking about spiders & snakes in addition to Bok Choy?

Dolmadez, thanks. I need to investigate your blog.

Michelle1, this is a great dish. You might even give Tony a tiny taste if he is good.

Michelle2, "Curdled Soy Leprosy"? Methinks you are responsible for your own grossing out now.