Friday, December 31, 2010

Ma & Pa Kettle Go To The Big City

We ventured into D.C. for a peak at the Norman Rockwell exhibit and to use up our Groupon at Cafe Green. I had two "Ginger Love" cocktails - Green Mountain Organic Vodka, Fresh Ginger Syrup, Organic Lemon & Agave $8. Below are our starters: my Mac & Cheese and Mr. SV's Winter Chili.

My 'Steak & Cheese' was made w/the same cheese sauce as was on the Mac & Cheese. The Baguette was really excellent, but IMO Whole Food's has a better Seitan Panini.

Mr. SV's Cheeseburger. He inhaled it so I assume it was to his pleasure.
We enjoyed a couple bottles of Tattinger's Champagne tonight while watching a Netflix (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World).
Dinner was Kelp Soup, carryout from lunch (Kelp, Kale, Seaweed, Kimchi & Edamame in Spirulina Broth). Very delicious.
Black Bottom Cupcakes were carryout as well. I can actually make better than these restaurant cupcakes!
Talk at ya next year.

9 comments:

sara said...

ha, i am also getting ready to watch "scott pilgrim"!

the ginger love sounds lovely. ginger syrup? can this be made at home? mmm.
happy new year!

Rose said...

Happy New Year to you and yours SV!

Sounds like a nice day out with plenty of delicious goodies!

Kelp soup sounds....healthy.

May 2011 bring you all the best.

foodfeud said...

Holy crap, pardonnez mon French but those ginger cocktails sound amazing. Also my french is flowing as the mimosas this morning.
I also love the look of that KelpKaleKimchee soup. Wow, that sounds like a shot of health right there. Spirulina broth?
You've done well.

Jessica said...

Oh, that looks like a pretty decent cupcake. I just learned about black bottom cupcakes and I love making them.

Looks like a pretty good restaurant, hope you enjoyed your day in the big city! Happy New Year!

Carissa said...

Aw I love seeing your pup :) That mac n cheese looks really good. I have yet to find any vegan mac n cheese that I liked. Happy New Year btw!

Jenny said...

Happy New Year! I very rarely think restaurant or bakery cakes and cupcakes are better than ones from home. Hope you had a fun outing. That's why I want to live in the NE, there are so many fun places in driving distance.

Vegan In The VI said...

Happy New Year!!!

I wish I knew how the Ginger Syrup was made. It was a delicious cocktail.

kimberly said...

cupcake looks yummy!

dirtyduck said...

great post! it seems like the waitperson would have told you that you were ordering something that had the same sauce..you know? it sounds like a really great day out! im happy you had fun. i checked out that groupon thing one of the last times you mentioned it, not much here in havasu...lol i sound like a broken record!