Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nosin' Around Nosin' Around

My first lunch out after being home-bound for three days was at Elevation Burger. Veggie Burger $3.59, Fries $2.59. Not the best deal compared to Red Robin's Veggie Burger, but the Cinnamon/Orange Iced Tea was excellent.
Dinner was homemade Vegetable Soup, made with all fresh vegetables procured today.
Dessert was several of the Brandy Pralines that I had scarfed up the day after Christmas at TJ Maxx. $5.99/box for half off --Score!
Frontera Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot.

7 comments:

Rose said...

Glad you hear you're housebound no more...and just in time for the weekend! I wouldn't mind being housebound during the work week, but weekends just ask for some freedom!

The veggie burger does look good, and the soup looks vibrant, yummy and nutritious.

Brandy pralines...yum; I love desserts that incorporate booze.

foodfeud said...

Vegetable soup is okay. Hmm, too bad it wasn't pizza.

Carissa said...

Mmm, cinnamon orange iced tea? Sounds yum! I agree, I love red robin :)

sara said...

soup looks tasty! and the cinnamon orange iced tea sounds like something i need to try to make, considering we go through a pitcher of iced tea a day around here.

Dianne said...

Yum fresh veggie soup and brandy pralines! That's my kind of day :-)

Jessica said...

The burger and fries look great, and still seem not-too-expensive. I would pay extra if it meant I didn't feel like I was at a 5-year-old's birthday party, the way I do at Red Robin.

Vegan In The VI said...

Thanks all, for letting me know it was National Vegan Pizza Day. Way to pull together as a group. Woohoo!

Rose, I'm a huge fan of boozy desserts as well.

Jessica, I've never eaten inside a Red Robin -- just gotten carryout -- but a five-year-old's birthday party sounds fun. Not so much?