Monday, October 19, 2009

Day Nineteen

Today I stood outside in the cold wind waiting till California Pizza Kitchen opened their doors at not-a-second-before 11:30, just to get a bowl of their delectable Dakota Smashed Pea and Barley Soup. This blog is not meant to be a b*tchfest about chain restaurants, but how many millions of dollars per year would CPK lose if they filled their carry-out soup containers all the way to the top? They could even top it off with hot water just for appearances. At least for the $6.29 + $1 tip I got two slices of bread with my soup.
I didn't get enough soup and bread at lunch, so for dinner I had Mushroom and Barley Soup with a side of Grilled Teese Sandwich.

1 comment:

Vegan Epicurean said...

With the weather we have been experiencing soup for lunch and dinner makes a lot of sense.