Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday, May 23rd

Kashi Raisin Vineyard with Hemp Milk for breakfast..
Lunch was enjoyed al fresco at Brooklyn's Deli. My 'Veggie Sandwich' $8.99 Spinach, Sprouts, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Avocado, Cucumbers and Carrots with Hummus....
Although I only ate one, their crunchy Pickles are AYCE. Fries were consumed too, but couldn't get a good pic....
Believe it or not, dinner was more leftovers from the same batch of Spaghetti that Mr. SVegetarian made on Sunday. Pretty weird how the normal pound of pasta that always gave us two meals suddenly yielded over three meals this week...
Bye for now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazing sandwich! And nothing like it on any brooklyn jewish deli menu i've ever seen.....! Those half sour pickles are such a tease. They make me mad- i add salt and dunk them in mustard while i bitch about the fact they aren't "real" pickles....
Those big meatballs must be extra filling!

The Amazing grass i get is just the greens mix, which also has spirulina in it but no protein powder. Its like eating 5lbs of veggies in a tablespoon of powder or something crazy like that.....

Ttrockwood

Ingrid said...

Ah, yes, the streak is broken! I need to switch to summer mode, and guess more sandwiches / salads. Did you pocket the remaining pickles? You should have. ;)

Sarah said...

I have tunnel vision for that amazing lunch right now!! That sandwich looks incredible, and I'm actually a fan of half sours so the pickles look great to me :) Great looking meals all around though and I love it when I can stretch meals out longer than I thought.

Hannah said...

You find the greenest pickles. It's a life skill

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Unknown, much like our Korean restaurants, our Delis are a bit homogenized down here. Now I'm getting confused between Sour & Half Sour Pickles -- I thought yesterdays Pickles were the kind you liked? You like the ones that are paler in color and stronger in 'bite'? Hard to believe that about the Amazing Grass.

Ingrid, my mother ate the other two Pickles. She really packed it in yesterday.

Sarah, guess I don't know the difference between Sour & Half Sour Pickles like you NYers. They just put these Pickles on the table and they tasted good to me. I love stretching out meals as well -- as long as they're delicious. Otherwise, having Chickens and Dogs comes in very handy.

Hannah, what color Pickles are you finding?