Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thursday, November 28th

Breakfast was Sarah Kramers Banana Pancakes with TJ's Maple Syrup and Yves Breakfast Patties...

Our official Thanksgiving 'celebration' was at 2pm at my mother's. Mr. SVegetarian and I picked up our food at Loving Hut where it was prepared by The Veggie Gourmet.  Roasted Vegan Turkey with Stuffing, Mushroom Gravy, Pecan-Studded Sweet Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce and Organic Mixed Vegetables $17.95. All components were very delicious and it was nice to have a controlled amount of food...
Dinner back at our house was 'Seitan Roast with Kale Stuffing' from The Randy Radish, Mashed Potatoes with Imagine Mushroom Gravy and Brussels Sprouts from Wegman's Hot Bar....
A sliver of 'Sweet Potato Pecan Pie' from The Randy Radish for dessert. So glad I bought a whole pie.
I'm thankful to have survived another Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

You made it through another Thanksgiving! Looks like you had some really great grub to get through the day. The Loving Hut meal looks really good. I think I'm most intrigued by the sweet potatoes. Those sounded yummy. Dinner looks yummy too, brussels sprouts are always a winner. That pie looks like the perfect way to cap off the day, nice and rich. Yum!! Do you have to work tomorrow? Sadly I have to work tomorrow and Saturday, wah.

Ingrid said...

Wow! This looks like a fantastic Thanksgiving! I'm definitely jealous of your midday meal. The Seitan Roast with Kale Stuffing sounds amazing - how was it? Save me a slice of that pie - yum!

P.S. Yes, it was mother-daughter kitchen patrol. It always works out because I take over. ;)

Unknown said...

Two roasts in one day?? Thats a good reason to be thankful right there! Your loving hut meal looks great, nice stuffing action in the roast. And the dinner roast looks amazing too- i love the mash potato divet for gravy.
Randy's pie sounds like the best of both worlds!

My turkeyless day went well, good friends, good wine, and some doggy lovin for the evening :)
Ttrockwood

Anonymous said...

A really great day! They really gave you a great looking lunch. Did you prefer one roast over the other?

We had the Field Roast yesterday and Mike really loved it. I wanted to. I really did. The crust was good but I'm just not a sausage person.

Hannah said...

I want 100% all of this. How rude.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Sarah, our company is always closed the day after TGiving. Hope you get something as great as a juicer this year from your work. And what happened at your holiday meal? Was Delilah the star?

Ingrid, the Seitan Roast was really great. Faux meat has really come a long way in recent years. That's pretty nice that your mother lets you take over. My mother's picture is in the dictionary next to 'control freak'.

Unknown, did the good friends eat the Salad?? What of this doggy lovin?!

RVs, I was sure you would love the Field Roast! I'm crushed! I hope Mike finishes the rest of it and it doesn't get wasted. I liked both of my professionally prepared Roasts yesterday. No weird chemical taste in either -- unlike that Gardein one.

Hannah, not rude at all. Decimating the native population and trashing the land -- that is rude.