Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday, May 27th

We were able to get downtown, eat breakfast at Sticky Fingers and hightail it out of there before Rolling Thunder shut down the District this morning. My French Toast Platter $9.95 with Tofu Scramble and Cheesy Grits. Unbelievably delicious.
For some reason, I was too stuffed from breakfast to eat lunch till it was almost dinner time. I'd picked up a Chicken Wrap $7.50 from the refrigerated section.
Enjoyed with some Fritos (I'm on vacation!) So it was an all-Sticky Fingers day! And to think, I wasn't too impressed by this place on my first visit.
Then I was too stuffed from all that for dessert. The three day weekend is whizzing by as I predicted.

8 comments:

foodfeud said...

Wow, both meals look incredible. I like to hear about how bakeries do the savory stuff.
Enjoy your tomorrow.

Rose said...

Looooking goood!

Was it my imagination, or did you kidnap a turtle recently? At any rate, I'm sure he's safer in your backyard than on the highway! Let us know if he sticks around.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend!

Anonymous said...

wow yum! those look amazingly delicious!! i need a sticky fingers in my life! :) thanks for sharing!

Ingrid said...

I have serious breakfast envy. Looking over their menu, I can't find anything that I wouldn't like. It's a good thing Sticky Fingers hasn't gone national.

xvavaveganx said...

Both meals look so good! That breakfast platter looks absolutely perfect and the wrap sounds so good! Makes me really hate my gluten intolerance right about now!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Miss Rachel said...

Whoa mama, that's a de-freaking-licious looking breakfast and the "chicken" wrap doesn't look too bad either. Glad you enjoyed.

(Shameful secret time: are you watching The Bachelorette?)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

FF, IMO, this bakery does savory better than sweet.

Rose, we haven't seen the turtle since Saturday. Hope he/she is safe.

GFHTummy, thanks for looking!

Ingrid, wow, that would be interesting if Sticky Fingers went national. I wonder if that is their goal. I'd want one near me.

VaVa, do not hate your gluten intolerance! I need to give up gluten. It's 90% of my diet.

Miss Rachel, breakfast and the wrap were awesome. H*ck yeah, I'm watching the Bacherlorette. My $$ is on the race car driver.

Amanda J said...

The one time I've been to Sticky Fingers (THUS FAR) was all about the sweets, and there's only so much sweet I can handle in one shot. I was traveling on foot and by car and couldn't take anything with me. I'm eager to go back and try more sweet things, but also some savory. It's been about 5 years since I was there!