Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday, May 18th

The joke is on the five minute traffic light I sit at every work day: I have important business to do during those five minutes. Stay red as long as you want, I'm conducting a photography session! Breakfast was a third of a massive Cherry Danish from Vegan Treats via Loving Hut. Spectacular!

Lunch was the 'House Salad Bowl' (Artichokes, Carrots, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Celery with Balsamic Vinaigrette) $10.95 at Wildfire. No natural light in this place.
Dinner was Cream Cheese and Olive on Naan leftover from yesterdays lunch.
Sweet and Natural Raspberry Thumbprint for dessert. A moist Shortbread Cookie with Tangy Dollop of Raspberry Jam and lashing of Sugary Icing. It was a great food day.
Coming up tomorrow: No food plans whatsoever. 

5 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

A perfect food day! A 5 minute light?! That would drive me NUTS. I have zero patience when I drive so that would really just make me go crazy. At least you use your time productively! Great pic, the danish looks yummy!

That salad looks so good! Minus the olives, dinner looks yummy too and I love thumbprint cookies. Definitely a great food day!

Molly said...

How on earth did you not eat that entire danish? Your willpower with sweets amazes me. I have a horrendous sweet tooth.

I hope you have a great weekend!

foodfeud said...

Wow, that danish does look fantastic. Geez. Nice photo too. The naan dinner sounds pretty satisfying as well. Very awesome stuff all around.

Ingrid said...

I'm thankful for your commute, and the great breakfast pics! Looks like a sunny day!

Looks like a tasty lunch with Mom, artichokes really make a salad. Nice switch from cucumbers to olives on your cream cheese.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

VaVa, whoever made these cookies had a really big thumb. You probably make teeny tiny thumb print cookies.

Molly, I'd lapse into a sugar coma if I tried to eat more than half of this danish.

FF, I'm suspicious if the danish is really vegan, that's how incredible it is.

Ingrid, I still have a cucumber to use up. Not sure why the olives suddenly took over again.