Sunday, February 13, 2011

Comforty Stuff

The last Tofurky Beer Brat was enjoyed with lots Hot & Sweet Mustard, Roasted Peppers & Onions, Sauerkraut and Vegenaisse. Pickles firmly on the side.
So Carla made Chicken Pot Pie on Top Chef this week which resulted in my making Pot Pie today. I basically used Deb's recipe, but changed a few veggies and added a dash of Soy Creamer. This recipe is great not only because of its taste but also because it makes enough filling for extra Pot Pies so one can experiment later in the week with a different crust.
Frontera Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot.

9 comments:

LittleHouseofVeggies said...

The brat looks so god! same with the rest of the food! And that Debbie Deb...she makes some good stuff!

dirtyduck said...

love the pot pie!! soy cream is a good idea..soy creamer is just soy milk but higher fat? i have never had it.

i confronted my husband about his trickery in avoiding taking me out...

foodfeud said...

Haha, "firmly on the side." Immovable pickles would be a disaster. Super pickle power (pauer?) too with the sauerkraut. I want to try to make my own!

Rose said...

Brats and pot pie are now on my wish list....and pickles.

Dianne said...

I love pot pie! Such comfort food. I like that you made it in individual ramekins; it's probably much neater that way.

blessedmama said...

You are so stubborn with those pickle slices! I think you did a great job on that crust, very impressive.

Jessica said...

Did you use a bottom crust too? Carla was very serious about the necessity of the bottom crust.

Just Us said...

Yummy pot pie! I found out that pot pie is not good after it has been frozen...bleh!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello All!!! Thanks for your kind comments!!!

Jessica, too much to go into here, but Carla's bottom crust is a total fraud! There is no bottom crust! Just some freakin' pastry scraps she baked and tossed into the Pot Pie serving heap. Don't get me going!