Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday, May 13th

I have known for six weeks that I was scheduled for laparoscopic surgery on the 15th for fibroid tumors (it is a female genitalia issue if any males are lurking). Yesterday, I was officially briefed on all the possible risks from the surgery..i.e., blood transfusion, death, etc...
just when I thought they were done freaking me out, the real bad news was sprung: I had to do a 'Bowel Cleanse' by way of a two day liquid diet....

This did not sound physically possible (I live to eat), plus there is so much food on hand waiting to be eaten (Morels are drying up as I type)...lunch...
I thought about just not blogging today and Thursday, but, then I may never start again and I cant stand when people do that...
Fortunately, under this 'Party Edition' sleeve, the liquid is perfectly clear...
Dinner (no way I was going to drink Gatorade)...
Dessert...
Yes, things have already begun moving. Bye for now.

6 comments:

Ingrid said...

It all comes together - the doctor appointments and the clean out in a Wegman's cart... It sounds wholly unpleasant. I've always thought the two day clear liquid thing was more for the doctors than the patients. I'll be thinking and praying on Friday for you!

Tell the mister to eat the morels! Can't have them go to waste!

Unknown said...

Oh geez!! What a miserable regime to deal with.... You're already halfway through it though so the end is near!
I hope you haven't been in pain in the meantime waiting for the procedure.

And yes, just melt whatever chocolate on hand and drag the berry through it! Way less labor intensive than the pretty schelacked looking storebought ones and more delicious.
Thinking of you- lots of sleep and furry cuddles should help.
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

Wow, that sounds pretty terrible. Definitely sending well wishes your way.

Sarah said...

Oy vey! I hope that you haven't been feeling pain for a long time! I'm sorry that you have to go through this but hopefully you will feel better once the procedure is done. I know that these two days will be quite unpleasant but better days are ahead!

Sending you lots of positive and healing thoughts! We'll all be thinking about you!

foodfeud said...

Ahhh I'm sorry! I hope it isn't too much of an ordeal. Best wishes that everything turns out okay but I know that the lead up can be just as stressful and depressing, no matter the outcome. My thoughts are with you and Mr SV. I hope he brings you a lot of treats during recovery time.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!!

ingrid, I agree on the two day liquid fast being for the doctors! They dont need to see up my butt for this procedure.

Unknown, no pain since the date for surgery was set. Funny how that works. For all I know, the tumors have all shriveled up just like the Morels.

VP, if someone had told me in advance that i had to do the 'bowel cleanse', I never would have gone ahead with the procedure. These could possibly be my last two days on earth and they were spent without food...voluntarily!

Sarah, think of me while chowing down on an Everything Bagel with Scallion Cream Cheese.

FF, I plan to dedicate my next Zine to this whole Fibroid Tumor nightmare. Try to think of a good Smoothie recipe AFTER the procedure and i will include it.