Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday, August 31st

Okay, so, I admit it: I have no place else to go. Moving on. LPQ was out of my first choice of Steel Cut Oatmeal this morning (they are really trying to shake me), so I opted for the 'Organic Banana Crunola' Raw Granola, Coconut Cashew Butter with Seasonal Compote. Quite pleasing and remarkably satisfying despite its diminutive size......
Lunch was a bowl of 'Spicy Bok Choy and Tofu Soup' that I had picked up at Common Market yesterday...
the Soup was exceptionally great. Common Market has redeemed themselves for the lousy Sandwich and Fries they made yesterday...
A Randy Radish Eggless Egg Salad Sandwich with Common Market Cole Slaw for dinner....
About a quarter of a Zucchini Brownie for dessert...
As moist and chocolatey as one could hope for....
Food is my friend, again!!!!! Hoooray!!!! Bye for now.

3 comments:

foodfeud said...

YOOOOoo that crunola looks really great. Was the seasonal compote cranberries or something?? I would definitely get that. Sorry there was no oatmeal though.
Glad you found edible food again. The soup and brownie both look really good. Well, the brownie doesn't *look* all that great but I know how good zucchini baked goods can be.

Sarah said...

That breakfast does look really great, although it does look like a small portion. Hopefully not an overpriced small portion. Any idea what the seasonal compote was? The crunch looks like buckwheat groats? What do they serve their oatmeal with (when they actually have oatmeal)?

The soup does look phenomenal! Redemption! The sandwich looked like a great dinner to round off a great day of food. Was the brownie chocolate-y? It looks a little light but I'm with FF, zucchini treats are delicious.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

FF, I think the Compote was Raspberries, but I cant be sure. Definitely something you would enjoy. What do you mean my Brownie doesn't 'look' all that great?! it does look all that great!

Sarah, wish I had more deets on the breakfast, but whatever was crunchy in the middle was high quality. If only they had the Oatmeal, there would have been Bananas and Maple Syrup. Maybe next time. The Brownie was super Chocolately. Should have bought more.