Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday, August 29th

No breakfast this morning. Unfortunately, I am still in a streak of mediocre food intake. Not a good time to go to a strip-mall Mexican Grill for lunch. Starting with a small pitcher of Sangria (I detected no alcohol, but my mother said she got drunk off it)...
and Guac...I am not linking to the restaurant name/website because IMO their food was HARRABLE!! literally NAUSEATING!!! however, the server was very sweet...
My House Salad with House (Orange) Dressing on the side...you just have to look at it, I actually had to eat it...
the Chickens did have fun with my leftovers...
"We took care of that nasty *ss Salad, Mom. What else ya got?"...
Gardein Beefless Burgers and Oven Fries for dinner briefly helped alleviate the funk..
but then I ate a .99 day old Root's Market Blueberry Muffin..and..nuff said...
Will I find something 100% delicious to eat tomorrow? I must! Tune in to find out. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh no!!! That doesn't sound like a good experience at all! The sangria looks really delicious, was it just too sweet and that was covering up the boozey taste? The guac looks really smooth... I love chunky guac that you can tell was just made before it was brought to your table. The salad does look kind of sad but at least the chickens got a good meal out of it! And at least dinner made up for it!

Oooh where will brunch bring you?! Now that LPQ is sadly out of the picture.

Hillary said...

I love the chickens! And I can relate to the sad sad salad! I hope you have out of this world food today!

Ingrid said...

I agree with your determination about that Mexican restaurant. I don't want to even look at the salad! ;) Glad the chickens took care of it!

I still need to try those Gardein burgers, as I know everything else they make is pretty great.

I am hoping that today brings fantastic scrambles and flavorful lunch and dinner!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Sarah, if I wasn't compelled to blog my eats every day, I never would have posted such pictures to the internet. My apologies. LPQ being out of the picture has really left a gaping hole in my life, that's for sure.

VP, thanks, I tried really hard to have a good food day. Ain't easy.

Ingrid, I definitely should have had a warning at the top of yesterdays post that grossness was on display. Again, my sincerest apologies.