Monday, April 18, 2011

I Can't Believe I Ate The Whole Thing

Lunch was at Willow. This was my Tempura Fried Vegetables Appetizer ($8.5) Zucchini, Mushrooms, Fennel & Onion with Lime & Ginger Vinaigrette. Not very Tempura-like, just plain fried, do not recommend.
Saffron Pappardelle with a Mushroom Reduction ($16.5) (made vegan for me) was better than the appetizer.
After all the excess at lunch, dinner was a simple bowl of Reeks of Healthiness Soup. We found three more Morels today, but we'll have to wait till tomorrow to enjoy them.
Still able to pack in a few Newman's Own Hermits for dessert.
Frontera Shiraz.

9 comments:

Rose said...

Wow, it all looks good! I would have eaten the whole thing too. Too bad the tempura was disappointing, but as far a fried stuff goes, it looks good to me.

dirtyduck said...

michelle: "Pappardelle, i had to look up what that was..."

Shen; "ugh how uncultured"

janet h said...

woot! this is insane! did you really eat everything? haha! :)

foodfeud said...

Wow the papardelle looks great. Pillowy pasta! I can't believe you're cheating on wild morels with restaurant mushroom!

Dianne said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the morels!

Susan G said...

Mmm, tempura - especially sweet potato tempura.

Just Us said...

I'm with Michelle....I had to look up Pappardelle...It sounds good!

Jenny said...

The fried plate LOOKED good, at least. I always lean toward foods with "lime" in the title.

Vegan In The VI said...

Gentle Readers, thank you, I'm now 95% recovered.

Glad a few of you learned of a new form of pasta.

FF, I've learned the error of my ways. No good can come from cheating.