Saturday, April 30, 2011

Falls Church Feasting

Lunch was at Clare and Dons Beach Shack . Being at the beach to me means Painkillers $7 each.


For the appetizer, I ate all but three of these Breaded and Deep-Fried Dill Pickle Chips $4

Then I moved onto a Beacharito $12 stuffed with Brown Rice and Black Beans. Spectacular.


Mr SV had the Cluckless Tacos $9.50.


Carryout from Loving Hut for dinner. My Lemongrass Soy Protein.


Their dessert case was stocked from Vegan Treats. Top left -- Death by Chocolate, Coconut Cake, Lemon Cheesecake, Raspberry Cheesecake. Bottom left -- Tiramisu? Custard filled Donuts, Oreo Cake, a Peanut Butter Bomb that is blocked, Whoopie Pies and more Donuts. Decisions! Decisions!


Of all these delights, I went with a slice of the Coconut Cake $5. Tonight I only ate about $1.75 of it. Fabulousness.


Frontera Shiraz.

10 comments:

dirtyduck said...

lol a painkiller? thats a great name for a drink, and the cluckless tacos look so good! yours did too but what were the thick slice things inside yours? bread?

that made me lol, you eating a 1.75 worth of cake:) ill do the same thing,hahah. all those desserts! how could you come home with only one choice!! looks great! i would have insisted Mr.SV choose my second choice...

Molly said...

I would have went with the coconut cake too. Mmmmmm......

foodfeud said...

Lunch looks amazing for both you and Mr SV, not least because of the drink goggles. Oh and sunlight!!
Nice job not eating that entire cake, I would NOT have been able to do that. Coconut is a great flavor but I might also have gone for the lemon cheesecake...

Rose said...

LUnch at a beach shack, now that's the sort of thing I day dream about... and, I'm with you, being at the beach calls for a special bevvie. All the food looks fab! I so want to try some fried pickles! I think I'd have gone for the oreo cake.

Dianne said...

Woo-hoo for Vegan Treats cake! I can't get enough of them.

Vegan In The VI said...

Good Evening, Fellow Vegans!!!

The dessert decision was one I shall ponder for a long or longish time.

Why didn't I just buy one of everything in the case?

Lately, I've been craving Donuts, yet I consciously passed up the opportunity for several variations of Donut -- Chocolate Baked, Jelly-Filled, Yeast Raised.

I've recently been enthusiastically enjoying the 'Cheesecake' slices. Guaranteed wins, so to speak. Yet, totally passed up.

I know I should've opted for a slice of an exotic Chocolate-Type Cake. The kind that isn't possible for me to recreate at home. Why didn't I?

What can be done to ensure this error is never made again?

What does the Coconut Cake represent?

Aha!

It is what the Coconut Cake represents that made me choose it.

I will research and maybe get back to you on that.

Jenny said...

Those pictures kind of look like they're on a fake, green screen. Ooo, Vegan Treats, what would I have gotten? Maybe a yeast doughnut if that's what they were. I'm sure you wanted to know what I would have gotten. I like your savvy money saving schemes.

Susan G said...

Well, if I do move there, I will know all the restaurants to go to because of all your great posts!

Debra said...

Oh my goodness-these pictures look so good.

kimberly said...

i don't know what i would do with so many desserts to choose from. i would go crazy. also high five on that painkiller. love the pineapple garnish.