Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday, March 2nd

A fantastic Grapefruit this morning that would have been so much better had it had not been in the fridge. I much prefer them room temp. Thoughts and opinions anyone?
TJ's Chickenless Chicken with Just Mayo for lunch...
This has become my new 'go to' dinner llately. It is just so easy...
Half a slice of Vegan Treats' Orange Cake for dessert...
So yesterday I had a major vegan blogging issue like I havent had since the early days -- I drank a non-vegan Orgain. Before I ceded my other Orgain to Mr. SVegetarian, one of my other readers clued me in to the issue and I saw the error of my ways. The blue container is obviously labeled 'vegan', unlike yesterday's green container...
double-checked the ingredients to be sure. Now I get to keep this blue goody for myself to enjoy another day...
and, just FYI, the Whole Foods Truffles -- also vegan. Behold:
More of the same old tomorrow. Bye for now.

4 comments:

foodfeud said...

Did you check the ingredients on that grapefruit before consuming? FWIW, I think I prefer most citrus cold...although it's been a while since I've had a grapefruit.
I believed you about the truffles, I just thought I knew which ones you were talking about and when I looked, they weren't vegan. I guess my WF just opts for the pricer, non-vegan, name-brand ones for some reason. Probably the same reason they don't have chocolate-covered cocomels.

Ingrid said...

Very informative! I've not had either, but I will tuck away that information. I prefer my citrus room temperature but my apples crisp.

Unknown said...

I keep my citrus in the fridge yet let it come to room temp before eating. I was so mad because i paid almost $5 for a pomelo and yesterday cut into it to find it was sour with super thick membranes between the segments. Ugh.
Orgain needs to revise their packaging! It is really good, and there aren't many ready to drink vegan shakes out there. Fyi if you really like them amazon has great prices on a multipack. Just glad it didn't make you ill (dairy hates me and that would have taken me down for the day)
Dinner looks great as always- and cake slices are always a nice way to end the day.
Ttrockwood

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

FF, WF's candy department is somewhat lacking. Must be that stringent list of requirements they have for what they stock on their shelves.

Ingrid, I need to take my citrus out of the fridge a good hour or two before eating, Agree on the Apples.

Unknown, that bad Pomelo is why you need a compost pile. It doesnt hurt as much when you hit a bad fruit or veggie when you can just compost it. Surprised Orgain doesnt need constant refridgeration. The non-vegan Orgain just made me feel like I was coming down with a cold, which i didnt understand till FF said what I drank was non-vegan,