Tuesday, October 29, 2013

WTF Tuesday

Quaker Oats Oatmeal Squares with hint of Cinnamon for Breakfast. These didn't wow me, but I don't think they're supposed to. I think they're supposed to start the day off nice and slow...
Eggless Egg Salad from The Common Market with Wegman's Spicy Olive Mix for lunch...
'Mixed Vegetables and Tofu' $8.95 from Loving Hut for dinner...
While currently 'Mixed Vegetables and Tofu' is my favorite dish from Loving Hut, I need to try some of their specials next...
We picked up the Loving Hut grub on Sunday. While there, I was examining the contents of their freezer. Thought these vegan Fried Eggs were unusual. I would've bought them, but I couldn't have kept them frozen till I got home....
Vegan Treats Hazelnut Cheesecake for dessert. It looked better before the ride home...
All different grub tomorrow.

8 comments:

jared said...

I haven't been to Loving Hut in many months, but must return for the Vegan Treats desserts alone.

Sarah said...

I know it's been a while since I updated :( My boss' son was born 3 weeks ago... see the time parallel there? ;) It's been really busy between that and my coworker deciding to go back to school for a certification so I've been trying to keep my head above water for now!

Oh you know how I feel about Loving Hut. I can see why the tofu and mixed veggies would be your favorite but the specials do indeed look delicious! I would probably go for the corn chowder, that sounds so good! Nothing sounds or looks as good as that amazing cheesecake though. Yum!

Hannah said...

Super kale! Does it leap tall buildings in a single bound?

Ingrid said...

I hope that despite the lack of "wow", they were at least tasty and a great texture (that would be my review)!

Loving Hut is definitely on my list of places, but I'm not sure when I'll get back to VA unless I find a cheap ticket!

The dessert is arguably the best part of today!

Anonymous said...

Very delicious day!

I would have a hard time choosing something at Loving Hut. That entire menu sounds pretty delicious. I'm almost positive Mike would order the "steak" salad.

The cheesecake sounds pretty fantastic. A great way to end the day!

foodfeud said...

The imitation fried eggs sound crazy! may wah makes a lot of bizarre stuff. Too bad you couldn't try them.
Spicy olives are the best olives.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Jared, make sure to visit Loving Hut late on Friday or on Saturday. After that, the Vegan Treats pickens are slim.

Sarah, I hope you're getting paid some good overtime.

Hannah, the Super Kale is more powerful than a locomotive, if you get my drift.

Ingrid, the Oatmeal Squares do get an 'A' for crunchability. Awww! Sad you wont be visiting the area to try out some of the newer places.

RVs, if Mike would order the 'steak' salad, then I will too. He always orders the best thing.

FF, I do hope to try the eggs in my role as vegan blogger.

Unknown said...

Tap tap tap-
Is this thing on???
Ttrockwood