Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday, March 29th

Yadda Yadda Breakfast Yadda....
Lunch was at Mykonos, where Mom & I shared some 'Melitzanosalata' $6.50 - a Smoked Mousse Eggplant froth, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and Herbs...
'Fava Santorinis' $6 - Fava Beans puréed and topped with Olive Oil, Lemon, chopped Onions and Parsley. Great flavors...
with tons of toasted Pita Bread...
My 'Taverna' Salad $6 - Romaine Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Onions, Peppers and Olives.
Only two more servings left of this Field Roast En Croute. Then it'll be at least seven or eight more months till it's on here again...don't cry too hard..
A Chocolate Donut from Vegan Treats via Loving Hut for dessert. Yes, the entire Donut.
I love cake.

7 comments:

Bou Shin said...

That pita bread and the donut look so divine! I miss donuts. :(

xvavaveganx said...

Your lunch looks so perfect! I want to use that yummy looking pita as a shovel and cram as much of that dip in my face as possible. They both look so good! The salad looks great too! A whole donut, I'm impressed! Must be Friday ;)

Unknown said...

That lunch looks incredible! The fava bean spread is such a great alternative to hummus, and the eggplant looks so fluffy there.
The dounut dessert looks so good-i havent had one in ages...
Loved the pets post yeaterday- such a gorgeous furry family there!
Ttrockwood@yahoo.com

Ingrid said...

This has been an educational post. I was completely unaware of most items you enjoyed at lunch. Now I need to add a Greek restaurant to my "go there" list.

I was "thisclose" to purchasing a vegan donut for breakfast this morning.

Is this Field Roast En Croute restriction due to seasonal changes or ??

Hannah said...

Good. It freaks me out when you only eat half a dessert. Mmm, fava beans.

Anonymous said...

What a great looking lunch!

I'm impressed with the full donut. Good for you! :)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Bou Shin, empty carbs rule.

VaVa, there was lots of face cramming, believe me. I walked out of the restaurant in a Garlic & Onions haze.

Unknown, the Fava Bean spread was some kinda great. Definitely needs to go mainstream like Hummus.

Ingrid, I just 'cut & paste' from the online menu to da blog. I still don't know what I ordered. Will I ever experience a WF's Vegan Donut? Bet they're awesome. Doubt I'll find any Field Roast En Croute for sale this time of year. It's a winter item I'm pretty sure.

Hannah, Fava Beans are like Lupini Beans -- but less elusive...

Molly, I was wishing it was a half a donut when I finished.