Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday, July 2nd

Kicked off the three day weekend with lunch at Haute Dogs & Fries where I enjoyed a couple Smart Dogs with Onions, Relish, Mustard, Ketchup...
..and Fries. Their Fries are not only quite tasty, they're quite photogenic.
Amongst my personal goals for the three day weekend was to make a Cherry Caipirissima as seen in the recent NYTimes article on three-ingredient summer cocktails. I added some sparkling water to mine and much prefered it to the Mojitos I made last year.
Gardein Burgers and (another weekend goal) Potato Salad (Vegenaisse, Apple Cider Vinegar, Yellow Mustard, Sweet Relish, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, Diced Celery & Onion) for dinner.
A half of a Sticky Fingers Pecan Cookie for dessert. Outstanding in texture and taste.
Back tomorrow.

6 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

I agree with you, those fries are photogenic! They look nommy. And the cocktail in the jar is SUPER CUTE. I'm probably going to be stealing that in the near future...gonna have to grab some jars for my smoothies!! Your food looks yummy and holiday appropriate today!

Debra said...

Way to start off the 4th of July Weekend!! It all looks very festive:) Have a fun weekend.

Bou Shin said...

That all looks so tasty! I need to go to Sticky Fingers one day.

Molly said...

Perfect 4th food. Have a wonderful holiday!

foodfeud said...

The fries and the capirissima are both really nice shots. There's a piece in Vegetarian Times about summer drinks too! Nice job starting early on your goals. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to accomplish anything this weekend.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!

The mason jars came into the marriage from Mr. SV. It's all he used to drink out of. To think I wanted to get rid of them!

Deb, thanks! You too!

AikoVenus, I need to go to Sticky Fingers one day too. I bought these cookies at Whole Foods.

VF, hope the fireworks don't scare your pups!

FF, my only goals for the weekend were to eat and drink a lot. Although I did change the sheets, so that was nice.