Saturday, October 30, 2010

Risotto & Ravioli

Lunch was at Market Table Bistro. There was nothing vegan on the menu today so I just asked for whatever vegetables they had available. Very unlike me, but they weren't busy at the moment and I knew they had vegetables in the kitchen based on the menu. It worked out great, the chef threw together a gorgeous Mushroom Risotto with local Chard and assorted vegetables.
Fresh baked bread was also enjoyed...
Dinner was Rising Moon Spinach Ravioli and Tomato Sauce. (Sorry, no innards pics, Michelle)...
Dessert was Almond Butter and Chocolate Chips...
A bottle of Charles Shaw Shiraz capped it all off.

7 comments:

Rose said...

Risotto and ravioli in the same day? Double YUM! I like the Rising Moon ones; my fav are the butternut sqaush flavor, but the spinach ones are good too!

Debra said...

Looks delicious!! The chef from Market Table Bistro did an awesome job creating the Mushroom Risotto.

blessedmama said...

Okay, I'll comment on the dessert. That treat was one of my secret passions when I thought no one was looking. I loved to sneak pb and choc chips. So un-momlike, I thought. But, it is gooooood.

dirtyduck said...

no guts? bet it was good:)we probably couldnt handle it anyway. i love what you ordered to the restaurant.

i like the part where you said "i know they had vegetables back there" lol like they were hiding.that made me smile.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!!!!

Rose, I want to try the Butternut Squash flavor, but I think it requires a Earth Balance & Sage Sauce. What did you use as a sauce?

Deb & Michelle, yeah, the chef at Market Table Bistro is very talented. I felt fortunate to have him create something especially for me.

Blessed Mama, ha! I would eat more of that dessert, but the pups go nuts over the smell and it's hard to enjoy in peace.

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

I seriously thought I was the only one who ate almond/peanut butter and chocolate chips. I love taht for a quick dose of sweetness.

Jessica said...

I'm glad you asked at the restaurant - it certainly paid off! I need to become more comfortable doing that kind of thing.