Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WFH Wednesday

Kashi Autumn Wheat Cereal with Rice Dream again for breakfast...
Nora's sandwich again for lunch..
Dinner was something new: Cabbage, Cauliflower & Potato Chowder. This unusual recipe was pretty tasty. The Whole Grain Mustard (I used TJ's Whole Grain Dijon) really added a unique note.
For dessert I had some of these TJ's After Dinner Mints...
I read the ingredients over and over, they really looked vegan to me. I hope I'm not wrong. Very delicious.
See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

dirtyduck said...

yep looks vegan. thats a fun find

Rose said...

I love work from home days...the chowder looks interesting, I'll have to give it a try.

Bianca said...

Looks vegan to me! When I was in San Francisco a few weeks ago, I bought some delicious chocolate that I sampled in the Scharffen Berger store. I read the ingredients and it looked vegan. Most of the other dark chocolate bars I picked up looked vegan too. But when I got it home, I looked again and sure enough, it said "milk" at the very end of the list. Had to give it to my boyfriend...sigh.

Vegan In The VI said...

Thanks, Ladies! You get so used to looking for 'whey' 'casein' you miss out on words like 'beef' or 'anchovies'.

moosition said...

I bought some in December and my vegan daughter approved them and loved them! Have you tried Trader Joe's new Cucumber Wonton Rolls? They are in the freezer section, and are really great!

Vegan In The VI said...

Cucumber Wonton Rolls? Never heard of those three items together. I will look for them next week.