Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eating Some Greens

I haven't been eating many greens lately, so I felt a nice salad was in order for lunch. We went to American Flatbread...
I got the Evolution Salad for $5.99 -- "Organically grown Sweet Leaf & Mesclun Lettuces, tossed with Organic Carrots & Celery, Arame Seaweed, Toasted Sesame Seeds, fresh Ginger-Tamari Vinaigrette made w/homemade Fruit Vinegar.
Dinner was Cabbage, Cauliflower & Potato Chowder. Whole Grain Mustard stirred in as well a half of a Tofurkey Italian Sausage. No sauteed cabbage on top tonight.
Yesterday, I made a batch of Fudgie Wudgie Brownies. After I put them in the oven, I turned around and saw the half cup of chocolate chips sitting on the counter that was supposed to have been added to the brownies. That's when I said, "F******CK!!!". I think the brownies would be better had I remembered to add the chips.
More Black Swan Shiraz Merlot. Back to work tomorrow. See you then!

2 comments:

kimberly said...

the brownies still look delightfully fudge-y! that's always a sign of a delicious brownie! throw some choco chips in your mouth after the brownie...seems like a good solution! (and something i'd probably do anyway b/c i am a chocolate fiend)

Heather said...

The soup looks great! I love the idea of stirring in mustard and sausage. It's like a meal in one!