Monday, September 14, 2009

Learning To Like Eggplant

Eggplant was never a favorite of mine to say the least. The texture...the seeds....the bitterness. Life is short and tons of people seem to enjoy it, so today I was adventurous and got an Eggplant Panini from Uptown Pizzeria in Herndon. Sans cheese! It was actually kinda good (Hey Mikey!) although that could be due to the generous amount of Oil & Vinegar they used to dress the sandwich. I'm going to continue to try and be more accepting of this vegetable. (Beets, however, are simply a lost cause).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the beets, but I love me some eggplant! The sandwich looks good... maybe I'll try to whip up something like that tomorrow. :)

~ Kelly

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Nice! Eggplant has grown on me since going vegan as well.

dirtyduck said...

i love eggplant! im eating it right now. lol you have some fun places to eat around you