Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday, October 24th

A Salad from WF's with lots of Goddess Dressing for lunch. After this delicious and more than satisfying lunch, I started ruminating on VaVa being gluten free and how I should be gluten free. Got the munchies really bad so I bought a bag of Fritos out of the vending machine. One dollar. 320 calories. Gone in 5 minutes.More Vegetable Soup for dinner. The flavors have melded beautifully over the past week. Soup really does need to sit for a few days to enhance the flavor.Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodle with Peanut Butter for dessert.
Coming up tomorrow: I'm thinking Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant and Rising Moon Ravioli. Let's see if I'm right!

10 comments:

Just Us said...

Got to love those Fritos! ;0)
The soup looks fabulous!

Rose said...

I've done the Frito thing at work too, which I'm always ambivalent about; I gather that they're GF?

Agreed that soup gets better with time.

xvavaveganx said...

Holy veggies! The soup and salad look amazing. And yay for the cookie! Never thought of putting peanut butter on it, yum! So you are really debating gluten free?

Jenny said...

You're not going to go GF. At least, I don't think you will. Or will you?

Stacy said...

I dunno; they'll take my gluten when they pry if from my cold, dead hands.

Having said that, I do love Fritos.

Molly said...

I doubt I'll ever go gluten free, or raw, for that matter. Do you feel better without gluten?

Mike has a weakness for Fritos. They are good in chili!

Anonymous said...

Vegan MoFo has me SO far behind on reading entries! I'm doing a giveaway on my blog (just a head's up) in case the same thing is happening to you. That soup looks great :)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Michelle1, Fritos really deliver.

Rose, I have no clue if Fritos are gluten free. Just crunchy, salty, fatty and of no nutritional value.

VaVa, gluten-free is the way to go, but it's a tough row to hoe. Gotta learn to emulate you.

Jenny, I have a lot of flour products to eat through in the house before giving them up forever.

Stacy, it's just that I feel cold & dead sometimes already. Especially at 5am. Will gluten-free make me feel less so?

Molly, raw is a rough one. Never been able to do 100% for a single day.

Lacey, MoFo is majorly overwhelming. I feel so behind after less than a day.

Stacy said...

No, it will not. For some of us, myself included, it's a personality style.

Zoa said...

Or advancing age, alas! But it's interesting to try these things sometimes, just to see...