Saturday, December 26, 2009

Toscana Grill, Arlington

Lunch today was at... you guessed it!
We ordered Bruschetta right when we sat down -- before we found out that complimentary bread came with the meal......so we asked for the "Artichoke Tostini" we ordered to be wrapped up to go. However, when we saw the aforementioned appetizer, we couldn't resist and just ate that too...Big fat Artichokes and Pesto on thinly sliced toast...Beautifully presented and delicious.
Mr. SV, aka The Mushroom Hater, ordered Mushroom Rice Soup (because as much as he hates Mushrooms, that's how much he loves Rice). He loved the soup, especially the Mushrooms, and told me that I could try to recreate it at home if I wanted. Gee, thanks!I ordered Linguini with Vegan Alfredo Sauce, Mushrooms, Artichokes and Vegan Chicken. It was just what I wanted -- deeply filling and delicious. I took home half for dinner and the leftovers stood the test of time. Washed down with 750 ML of the good stuff: Liberty Creek Cabernet Sauvignon.
Every aspect of the meal was excellent. The service was friendly and efficient, the atmosphere was clean and cozy, and the food was high quality. Unless we were just lucky today, Arlington residents have a real gem in their neighborhood. Fortunately, Toscana was quite busy today. I hope they stay that way so we can return.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Food looks great...is this a vegan place, or just vegan-friendly? Either way, I'd totally love to eat there!

Vegan Epicurean said...

Rose just asked the same thing I was wondering. I am going to look it up the next time I am in Arlington.

Alicia

Vegan In The VI said...

Good Morning Ladies! It's vegan-friendly, not vegan only, but maybe one day it will become totally vegan if there's a market for it.